Monday, May 08, 2006

Chillaxed knitting.

Ahh, summer vacation. All I have to worry about is work, and I could quite frankly do with a lot less of it. But something has to pay the bills! So, since I've been off for a while, I got a lot of little projects done. Instant gratification is the name of the game. I also made a couple things for Mother's Day, but I'll post them after my mom gets them :) Right now, my "main" project is to wear on Mother's Day (if I get Sunday off. Finger's crossed!). It's a hevily modified version of the Everybody's Doing It Shrug. The original website for the pattern was down, so I just improvized!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So far I have a 1 1/2" section of seed stitch (14 rows on size 7 needles), and then I did 5 garter stich rows, followed by a k1, yo row. Then, I looked through The Stitch Library and found this daisy stitch. I love how it looks, i might make another shrug on larger needles in just this stitch. It's goregeous!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Because the daisy stitch pulls the piece together so much, it created a very suprising and very pretty scalloped edge! Such a happy accident! I will take a phot when the shrug is finished, hopefully by the end of my next shift. I'm at 9" of the "body" of the shrug, so it should only take another 6 or so inches to fit! I love making shrugs! Oh, and this was made with Patons Classic Wool in Winter White. I rarely use anything else!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I picked up a few balls of Sugar n' Cream from the "Buck n' Near" store, for some pretty dish cloths. Here's one in Americana, and I have a ball of Daisy Ombre, Salt and Pepper, and a Bernat Handicrafter HUGE ball in Summer Splash (the same as Sugar n' Cream, which is odd!) So, lots of dish cloths in my future. Great Xmas presents, in my opinion. Though I might be infringing on Joan, my uncle's wife's mother, who knits them and sells them to make money for my cousin's college fund :S So maybe I'll just knit a bunch for Mom and Apollo.... hats and scarves for the rest of the family, maybe!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As you can tell, I have a new digital camera. It's so loverly, so I knit a little case to protect it. The airplane button was inspired by the word "incoming". I plan on duplicate stitching a cityscape on the bottom of the case, too look like a night air raid, since we always see air raids in green night vision.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The final project I took a picture of (yes, I have more. Like an afghan modified from a pattern in this book.) It's a garter stitch blanket made of Patons Bohemian in white out on size 15 needles. It's just the simple dish cloth pattern, but it's working up to be a soft fluffy cloud of plush goodness. It's going to be between 4-6 balls of Bohemian, depending how large it gets. I'm about halfway through the first ball, and it's already 2' across. I'd like it to be 5 or six feet square, but that might take a LOT of yarn. Oh well, it'll be the softest blanket ever!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And this is some more additions to my stash. Two ball of Baby Monkey, for a knitted kitten I'm making in the likeness of my brother's cat. A ball of blue Kroy socks yarn to go with my dyed yarn for the cuffs, heels and toes, and a ball of muslin to try my hand at more self striping yarn!
And now, for my obligatory cat pic, I give you Calos looking very perplexed.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Megan said...

I lurves your cat!